Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 1, Day 1

Weigh in:  267

Goal calories:  1420
Calories consumed:  1860
Calories burned:  0
Net calories:  1860

I had a lunch date, as is usual on most Mondays, with my  husband, so going over calories was kind of expected.  I did try to make decent choices, though.  I'm trying!  Myfitnesspal.com will tell you, if every day were like today, what your weight would be in 5 weeks, and it showed me losing a little over 5 lbs, so even if I went over, it wasn't that bad.  I have my goal set to 2lbs a week on there.  So I have some wiggle room calorie-wise with my actual goal of 37 by 37, since I really only have to lose about a pound a week to get there. 

I have a hard time convincing myself to work out with the hubby home, so I didn't exercise today.  I did cross a big hurdle, though... I packed my gym bag for the morning.  Now to get up early and actually go.  I know once I get in the habit, it won't be so bad.  It's that first morning that always gets me.  I've been putting "pack gym bag" on my To Do list for weeks, so at least I managed that.  =)  Since I have to be at work at such an ungodly hour (5:30am), I have to get up at 4am to go to the gym.  And it means showering and getting ready for work at the gym.  Thank goodness for private shower rooms. 

I also tried two things today that I really wanted to like, but despite how many times I do try, I can't make myself like them.  I made oatmeal for breakfast... managed to get half of it down, but just couldn't finish it.  It's a texture thing.  I like oats in other things, and I love the smell of oatmeal, but I can't get past how it feels in my mouth.  I also made fish (swai) for dinner.  I can handle junk like Captain D's or fish sticks, but the real thing... just can't do it.  I barely got one bite down.  Oh well, at least I tried, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment