Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 5

Holding steady at 265.5... considering the chaos of the past few weeks, I'm happy with it.  Definitely need to get on the ball, though.

I took Zoe to the doctor last Monday for her 4 year check up and was told that she's a little overweight.  I wasn't all that surprised... she's always been a chunky child.... but I've been so frustrated over the responses I've been getting from family.  I keep hearing "oh, she'll be fine once she hits a growth spurt."  I know she's not a huge child.  But she was only 1 lb less than Isabelle, who is about 5 inches taller than her.  She weighs more than Olivia (who is underweight, go figure).  At no time has that child ever been anything but chunky, so I seriously doubt one more growth spurt is going to solve it.  They just don't seem to understand how concerned it makes me and how I really need to make sure she doesn't go down the same road I've been on my whole life. 

I spent all last week trying to plan out this week so that we had healthier snacks around the house and, of course, my husband went to the store Friday and stuffed the cabinets with junk.  =/  Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated and feel like I just don't have much of a support system at home. 

On a more positive note, I had my annual (which had been 2 years in the making) exam on Friday.  My doctor just seemed so impressed that I had lost about 20 lbs since my last visit.  20 lbs over 2 years doesn't feel very impressive, but it was nice to get kudos for it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment